What do you remember from the sermon “Elders”?
- Elders are to establish leadership, function, and order in a church, but what is their primary calling?
a. Count the offering and lead music
b. Do Biblical counseling and clean the Church
c. A commitment to prayer and the Word
d. Oversee Sunday school and fellowship time
- In Acts chapter 20, Paul says his last goodbyes. He tells the other elders to be on guard for wolves that would lead the Christians astray. He also tells them to do what?
a. To be good shepherds over the people, be caring and gentle
b. To focus hard on doctrine and use church discipline often
c. To use musical instruments in singing the psalms
d. To figure out a way to make women Elders
- 1 Thessalonians 4:10-12 gives us God’s plan for the Ordinary Call on the Ordinary Christian. What is that?
a. Excel in your work
b. Be ambitious
c. Lead a quiet life
d. All of the above
- Paul was sent out to preach to the Gentiles and to develop Christ’s Church. He was to unfold the “mystery.” What was the mystery?
a. That angels get their wings on their twelfth birthday
b. That the manifold wisdom of God would be made known through the church
c. That God was going to set the Jews aside for now until He could find 144,000 that were not jealous of Christians
d. An explanation of John’s dream of the end-times
- Who is the author of thirteen books in the Bible? He is also called the Thirteenth Apostle.
- Jesus changed Saul’s name to Paul when He met him on the road to Damascus and converted him?