What do you remember from the sermon “Genuine Christianity”?
- Matthew’s rendition of The Sermon on the Mount reveals nine beatitudes (state of joy from being blessed). Luke’s rendition highlights what?
a. The same nine blessings
b. Six blessings
c. Four blessings, four curses
d. None of the above
- Who was the target audience of Jesus’ message in Luke 6:20-49?
a. Holy Apostles
b. Curious Gentiles
c. Learning Disciples
d. Both b and c
- In our text, Jesus was speaking statements of fact with the power of divine authority as the Son of God. His wisdom was very distinct in character and purpose from human wisdom. Which is an example of that?
a. The first shall be last
b. The greatest will be the least
c. Blessed are the poor
d. All of the above
- What does it mean to be “poor in spirit?”
a. To know that you are spiritually bankrupt with nothing to offer that might gain favor with God.
b. You lack sufficient financial means.
c. You are clinically depressed.
d. You are sober.
- In verse 24, what does it mean to be “rich in spirit?”
a. You are drunk.
b. You are happy.
c. You are rich.
d. You are convinced you are worthy on your own merit to enter the kingdom of heaven.
- Who gets into heaven?
a. The godless, unrighteous, unworthy
b. The humiliated person that can’t improve their future
c. The person who has nothing to offer Christ
d. A person with the above attitudes that places their trust in Jesus